If you are balding and it makes you feel less-than-presentable, there are ways to get around the problem. You can talk to a hair specialist to help you find the best style that will help you look great and learn tips to help you keep the style.
Find The Right Hairstyle To Hide The Problem
First off, you should remember that you are not alone in your situation. Statistics show that 35 million men and 21 million women are suffering from this problem. A stylist may use some of the following styles depending on your gender.
Hairstyles For Women
The following are some of the styles that might help a woman who is balding:
- One popular look that might work for some women–depending on your balding location–is the messy look. This look will enrich your curls or you'll be given some.
- Another good style might be one that puffs your hair upward to hide some of your problem areas. Your stylist will form layers under your hair, which will make it look puffy or tall. This can disguise small bald patches or thin spots.
Hairstyles For Men
Consider the following:
- A hair stylist could use the undercut style along with a high cut. A stylist may cut some hair short and some longer, giving your hair a fuller look.
- You can try the thickening high cut, which is a classy look that accentuates your remaining hair and adds volume by curling it.
- Your stylist might also suggest the bald look, which hides that you are bald and is an acceptable look for most men. The trick to a successful look is to keep it shaved regularly.
Tips To Keep Up Your New Hairstyle
You know that your style might look great after your session with your stylist, but what is going to happen when you take a shower? Do not fret, because your hairstylist can help you with the following tips (although there may be some changes depending on the hairstyle you choose):
- Volumizing your own hair, which usually means using a round comb.
- Combing correctly, which means that you will be combing from the roots of your hair.
- Drying your style right, meaning that you'll have to dry from your scalp.
As you can see, there are several things that the right hairstyle can do for you (along with some helpful tips) to ensure the best look even if you are balding. For more information, talk to a professional at a hair salon today.